Last Updated on April 16, 2019
When You visit the site, Muncheez automatically collects non-personal information about You and Your device or web browser, including IP addresses, the date and time, time zone, the number of visits and orders, the number of visits per browsing session, the server type, the operating system and browser type used to come to the site, type of computer or mobile device, mobile carrier, location (including geolocation and GPS location), the country, state, and telephone area code where their servers are located, the pages and page titles of Muncheez’s Websites or Serves that visitors viewed during their visit, whether the visitor’s computer is enabled for Java or cookies, browser language, applications and plug-ins, and any search terms entered on the Websites or Services.
You may be able to disallow our use of certain location data through Your device or browser settings, for example by disabling “Location Services” for the Muncheez application in iOS privacy settings. Note that disabling Location Services may adversely impact the functionality of the Websites or Services.
The information that You contribute through, or post on, the Websites or Services is intended for public consumption, including Your reviews, tips, photos, videos, check-ins, comments, likes, posts, events, bookmarks, friends, lists, compliments, and basic User Account profile information. Muncheez may display this information on the Websites or Services, share it with businesses, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third-party sites and services. If You create an account on any of the Websites or Services (a “User Account”), Muncheez may store and use Your full name, e-mail address, home address, phone number, zip code, and other information You may provide with Your User Account, such as Your gender and birth date. Your first name and last initial, as well as any photo You submit through the registration process, may be publicly displayed as part of Your User Account profile. Muncheez may also store and use information regarding Your means of age verification (e.g., driver’s license) or medical marijuana recommendation, including Your recommending doctor’s name and license number, contact information, verification methodology, and verification number.
When You sign up for a User Account or use certain features, You are opting to receive messages from other Muncheez users, businesses, and Muncheez itself. While You can manage some of Your preferences, please note that You cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative, transactional, or legal messages from Muncheez. We may also track Your actions in response to the messages You receive from Muncheez or through the Websites or Services, such as whether You deleted, opened, or forwarded such messages. If You exchange messages with others through the Websites or Services, we may store them in order to process and deliver them, allow You to manage them, and we may review and disclose them in connection with investigations related to the operation and use of the Websites or Services. We may not deliver messages that we believe are objectionable, such as spam messages or requests to exchange reviews for compensation. If You send or receive messages through the Websites or Services via SMS text message, we may log phone numbers, phone carriers, and the date and time that the messages were processed. Carriers may charge recipients for texts that they receive. We may also store information that You provide through communications to us, including from phone calls, letters, e-mails, and other electronic messages, or in person. If You are a representative of a business listed on Muncheez, we may contact You, including by phone or e-mail, using the contact information You provide us, make publicly available, or that we have on record for Your business.
For product vendors and listing clients, we may collect information that is reasonably necessary for them to communicate with You regarding the purchases and shipment of goods and services purchased from You and any issues that may arise in connection with their purchase.
Cookies may have unique identifiers, and reside, among other places, on Your computer or mobile device, in e-mails Muncheez sends to You, and on our web pages. Cookies may transmit information about You and Your use of the Websites or Services, such as Your browser type, search preferences, IP address, data relating to advertisements that have been displayed to You or that You have clicked on, and the date and time of Your use. Cookies may be persistent or stored only during an individual session.
How Muncheez Uses Your Information
Muncheez generally uses Your information to:
- Facilitate the creation of and to secure Your User Account (as defined below) on the Services;
- Identify You as a user in Muncheez’s systems;
- Provide, personalize, and improve the Websites and Services;
- Provide feedback and user base demographics to third-party businesses listed on the Websites or Services;
- Communicate with You about Your use of the Websites and Services;
- Develop new products and Services,
- Track usage of the Websites and Services;
- Customize the advertising You view and recommend content;
- Backup our systems and allow for disaster recovery;
- Fulfill Your requests and provide customer support;
- Send newsletters, surveys, offers and promotional materials related to the Services and Your user preferences and behaviors and for other marketing purposes of Muncheez using Your contact information;
- Protect, investigate, prevent and potentially take action against possible fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activities;
- Respond to claims that the Websites’ or Services’ content is inauthentic, counterfeit, or otherwise violates the rights of third parties;
- Respond to requests for customer service;
- Protect Muncheez’s rights and the rights of other users;
Muncheez may also use Your information to verify Your geographic location. Muncheez may use Your geographic location data to personalize and improve our Websites or Services, to recommend content, or determine whether the information You have requested is available in Your location.
How Muncheez Discloses Your Information
- Muncheez may share Your personal information with Your consent or at Your direction, including with third parties fulfilling orders or requests You place on the Websites or Services.
- Muncheez may also share Your information with others who perform services on our behalf.
- Muncheez also may disclose Your information if doing so is appropriate or necessary to prevent any liability, or fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or to protect Muncheez, the Websites and Services; or any rights, property, or personal safety of Muncheez or others.
- Muncheez may share Your information with any of our affiliates.
Muncheez may also share aggregated and anonymized data with partners, advertisers, and other third parties.
Third parties may receive information about You as follows:
- Service Providers: We may rely on third-party providers to support or provide some of the features and options that are available through the Websites, Services, or Transactable Sites. We may also rely on third-party providers to perform certain services for us in connection with Your use of the Websites or Services, such as communications and hosting services, network security, technical and customer support, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance testing, payment processing, our own marketing of the Websites or Services, promotional and contest features, Transactable Sites’ product listings and brand management, and other functions. We may share information from or about You with these third-party providers so that they can perform their services or complete Your requests. These third-party providers may share information with us that they obtain from or about You in connection with providing their services or completing Your requests. Third-party providers may also share this information with their subsidiaries, joint ventures, affiliates, partners, or other companies under common control. Some of our web pages utilize framing techniques to serve content to You from our third-party providers, while preserving the look and feel of the Websites or Services. In such cases, please note that the information You provide is being provided to the third party.
- Aggregate Information: We may share user information in the aggregate with third parties, such as advertisers, brand managers, and content distributors. For example, we may disclose the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, advertisements, or certain products available in the Transactable Sites or the general characteristics of such users.
- Businesses on Muncheez: We may share information from or about You (such as Your age and gender, Your devices, and Your use of the Websites, Services, or Transactable Sites (such as which businesses You bookmark or call)) with businesses listed on Muncheez. You may adjust Your settings to increase or decrease the amount of information we share. Keep in mind that businesses may see Your Public Content (as defined in Section 2 above) and receive information about Your transactions with them in the Transactable Sites, regardless of Your settings. Additionally, if You make a phone call to a business through or in connection with Your use of the Websites or Services, we may share basic information about Your call with the business that You contacted, such as the date and time of Your call and Your phone number (and other information that would have been available to the business had You contacted them directly, and not through the Websites or Services). You may be able to limit our ability to collect and share Your phone number through Your phone’s settings or phone service provider.
- Investigations: We may investigate and disclose information from or about You if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure: (a) is reasonably necessary to comply with federal, state, or local legal process and legally binding law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (b) is helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Websites, Services, or Transactable Sites; or (c) protects our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, clients, partners, or the public, such as disclosures in connection with our Consumer Alerts program. If You flag or otherwise complain to Muncheez about content available through the Websites, Services, or items on the Transactable Sites, we may share the substance of Your complaint with the contributor of that content or product in order to provide an opportunity for the contributor to respond and/or remedy the situation.
Changes To Your Profile And E-Mail Preferences
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information You submit to Muncheez, such as Your contact information that was provided as part of Your registration with the Websites or Services. The Websites or Services may allow You to review, correct, or update personal information You have provided through the Websites or Services’ forms or otherwise. Muncheez will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in the then-active databases as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of Your information from databases and that residual data may remain on backup media or for other reasons. Also, any public postings or other communications You have made on the Websites or Services such as in forums or blogs cannot generally be removed. When You edit Your personal information or change Your preferences on the Websites or Services, information that You remove may persist internally for Muncheez’s administrative purposes.
You may cancel or modify the e-mail marketing communications You receive from Muncheez by following the instructions contained within promotional e-mails or in some cases by logging into Your User Account and changing Your communication preferences. This will not affect subsequent subscriptions, and if Your opt-out preferences are limited to certain types of e-mails, the opt-out will be so limited. Subsequent or different subscriptions will remain unaffected.
Please note that Muncheez reserves the right to send You certain communications relating to Your User Account or use of the Websites or Services, such as administrative and service announcements, and these transactional User Account messages may be unaffected even if You choose to opt out from receiving our marketing communications.
Data Retention And User Account Termination
The Websites and Services are intended for adults only and require that users be no less than twenty-one (21) years of age. Please check the applicable terms and conditions for such Websites and Services for further information. Individuals under the age twenty-one (21) are prohibited from creating a User Account and profile, or from accessing the Websites or Services.
If You become aware that an underage user has created a User Account using false, stolen, or otherwise misleading information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Muncheez follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to it, both during transmission and once it is received. This includes using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which is software that encrypts the information You input. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while Muncheez strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your personal information, it cannot guarantee its absolute security.
International Data Transfer
Please note that Muncheez takes the privacy of its clients and users seriously and therefore takes steps to safeguard Your personal information, including assuring an adequate level of data protection in accordance with industry standards. If You would like additional information about Your personal data and its use in connection with the Websites and Services, including revising any incorrect information, please contact email@example.com. Muncheez will take such steps as it deems necessary to confirm Your identity before sharing any personal data with You.
California Residents: Your California Privacy Rights
California residents may request a list of certain third parties to whom Muncheez has disclosed personally identifiable information about You. You may make one request per calendar year. In Your request, please attest to the fact that You are a California resident and provide a current California address for Your response. You may request this information in writing to (Mailing address) ______________. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.
How Muncheez Responds to Do Not Track Signals
Muncheez tracks its customers over time and across third-party websites to provide intelligent advertising, and does not respond to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals. In addition, some third-party sites may keep track of Your browsing activities when they serve You content, which enables them to tailor what they present to You. If You are visiting such sites, Your web browser may allow You to set the DNT signal on Your browser so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know You do not want to be tracked. Please review Your web browser’s internet options for more details.